WORK WITH US
PERKS & BENEFITS
We offer several perks and benefits when you join our specialized team.
Save for the Future
Company Benefit of 401K.
Health, dental, vision, disability, & life insurance
Sharpen your skills with our annual Live Fire training exercises.
Work Hard, Play Hard
We Provide A Specialized Team For Emergency Response
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY
Tunnel Emergency Response Team (ERT) – Operations Members ENTRY LEVEL POSITION
The preferred candidate will have the requirements as listed below:
The ERT Operations Personnel are multi-trained employees under supervision, who perform high level service and task work to assure continued safe flow of traffic through road transportation tunnels. The ERT Personnel are charged with many aspects of janitorial, grounds keeping, and maintenance as assigned for the portal buildings, tunnels, and appropriate outdoor sites. The ERT Members provide emergency response to fire, hazardous material spill incidents, illness, traumatic injuries, and rescue operations as necessary. ERT Members respond to all emergencies in a safe, expedient manner, and complete all documentation legibly and correctly.
• 12 hours shifts; 4 days on, 4 days off, once training is complete.
• Provides work as required for monitoring traffic and setting portable traffic control
devices for bore and lane closures as needed.
• Provides high quality service to the travelling public, assists motorists in and near the
tunnel areas, and ensures roadways are safe.
• Performs various grounds keeping chores, such as janitorial maintenance, and other
work needed to ensure cleanliness, safety of the tunnel, and associated worksites.
• Performs Emergency Response for fire and rescue services; This includes the use of
heavy hydraulic, pneumatic power, hand tools, water and foam firefighting systems,
and associated equipment. Must wear prescribed personal protective equipment and
SCBA as indicated.
• Operates Emergency Response vehicles under stressful and extreme conditions.
• Computer literacy; Windows-based software programs, and ability to learn and utilize
site-specific software as needed.
• Knowledge of service area and tunnel operations.
• Responds in wrecker and heavy-duty wrecker, to stalled, wrecked, or abandoned
vehicles, to push/tow for roadway clearance.
• Must undergo criminal background check, drug screening, and Division of Motor
Vehicle check as conditions of employment.
• Must maintain credentials once they are obtained, and participate in all required
training, drills, and exercises as assigned.
• The ideal candidate should be physically fit and capable of preforming all required skills as a credentialed Fire Fighter I per NFPA 1001.
Training and Experience
• High School Graduate or GED
• Firefighter I
• Current valid Driver’s License
Desired and/or Required Within 6 Months of Hire:
• Computer Skills; MS Windows Proficiency Desired
• Valid CDL Class B (w/air brakes & tank) required, within 6 months of hire
• VA HAZMAT, VA Auto Extrication, VA Emergency Vehicles Operations
• Training in Various Tunnel Systems
• Ability to Operate and Drive Fire Apparatus
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
TOM ensures non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities
in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. We are proud to be an EEO/AA
Please fill out the application below or download, print, and return to forms to email@example.com or by mail to 12235 Grapefield Rd Unit 5 Bastian, VA 24314